help with -100 mesh gold separation

This past weekend I found a new prospecting site.  Test pans were giving me good gold so I dug 2 five gallon pails of sand to take home to work with.  The Sand I took home is screened to 20 mesh.   After testing 2 table spoons of the sand ( which is acting like clay) I could see hundreds of microscopic pieces of gold.  I mean hundreds.  -100, -200 I have no idea but they are small.    I can not pan this stuff.  I even tried my miller table ( video included)   

Do you suggest classifying it down to a smaller mesh even more?  I think this sand and gold are about the same size.  

I need help!   I have 10 gallons of this stuff and want the gold!  

https://youtu.be/ULVNB3F4aN4

You need to be a member of Goldprospectorsspace to add comments!

Join Goldprospectorsspace

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Classification is key, follow the Golden rule. If it's all the same size gold rules. Try getting a 100 mesh classifier. If it still flows out its not gold
  • I've also seen supet fine yellow quartz look like gold with naked eye. I'd suggest cupelling it to make sure
  • mtau my thoughts were the same but i didnt want to sayand cause any hard feelings or a debateable disscussion

• I would say that what you've got is mica. Gold would be easy to separate from the blond sands. Even pyrite would hang with the black sand.

• My screens, 1/2, 1/8, 1/20, 1/50, 1/70, 1/100, 1/200. I use the 1/2" in the field and sometimes the 1/8, and all the rest back at home. Black sands need to be the same size as the gold otherwise they push the gold out of the pan. Dickb

• Tim what happens when you shade all those glimmering specks, do they still sparkle, or does the sparkle go away?

• by all means screen down as small as you can go then run it classifying is the key to all gold recovery rule #1 the smaller the gold the smaller the classification you need if its that small when i find it i usualy just run it through mercury then retort it

This reply was deleted.