ARE YOU SURE

A FEW EXAMPLES from J.S Wisdom - You Can Smelt Too

Do you know that " black heavy stuff" you are walking over every day and calling "worthless iron" may be one of these " Overlooked Fortunes"? Are you sure it is not columbite, the chief ore of the element columbium which may look like common black iron but may be worth $1. 25 a pound as mined,
or $2, 500 per ton?

Or tantalite, which looks like black iron; or microlite, which looks like brown iron, but are both valuable ores of the element tantalum, and that some ores may contain as high as 76% tantalum as mined , and worth $2.50 a pound or $5,000 per ton?

Or wolframite, ferberite, orhubnerite, all of which look just like common black or brown iron but are all valuable ores of the element tungsten, and may be worth $3 a pound, or $6,000 per ton?

Or pitchblende, which looks like black iron but is the chief ore of the element Uranium , the stuff they get radium from, also the material for the atomic bomb, and maybe atomic power of the future, and be worth $5,000 to $10,000 per ton, with a government bonus of $10,000 for new discovery?

Or what about those black, brown or red nodules which stick in your gold pan or sluice box, and which have been discarding as 'hematite' or "magnetite" iron , but are you sure they are not casiterite, the main ore of the element tin which is worth $1.00 per pound for the contained tin, and thus a 50% ore which is not uncommon, is worth around $1,000 per ton at the present time?

Or what about that red or brown rock with the black specks which your "expert" friend examining with a magnifying glass classified as " biotite granite"; may be he was right on the granite part, but are you sure those black specks were not cassiterite and maybe a high grade tin ore? Or maybe columbite, tantalite, samarskite, or a half dozen or more other rare minerals which may occur as black specks or nodules in granite - then test them out to make sure?

Do you know the best mineralogists in the country today do not attempt to tell any of the above from iron merely by looking at them, and that only a chemical test will tell? The "free" advice of the "experts", either friends or strangers, have been the cause of many an "overlooked fortune" ! Do not guess - make a test.!

Or what about that yellow "bronzy" looking stuff which you "knew" was "just iron pyrites" - so got rid of it pronto before someone accused you of thinking it was gold! But are you sure it was not pyrrhotite, which might look like iron pyrites but is a valuable ore of nickel? Or maybe platinum? Or maybe osmium? Or may have shown good values of gold if you had first roasted it before panning!

Or are you sure if was not sperrylite, which might contain 56.5% platinum? Or chalcopyrites which may contain 34. 5% copper? You, no doubt, have learned by experience , "all that is yellow is not gold" !It is now time to learn and add, "Neither is it always Iron Pyrites" - then test it out to make sure!

Or what about that red-brown rock which you called " iron oxide", crushed and washed hoping to find a $50 a ton gold mine, but seeing no metallics - threw it away; but are you sure it was not bismite, which may contain 88 to 80% bismuth worth $2 per pound.

Or that soft yellow rock, which you "analyzed" ( with a glass) , and seeing no metallics called it "sandstone"; but are you sure it was not carnotite, which occurs in sandstone but is a valuable ore of vanadium and uranium and worth maybe $1,000 or more per ton?

Or that green rock which you "guessed" was too low grade copper to work so passed it up; did you "guess" it might be garnierite or zaratite, both green ores of nickel worth maybe $100-$200 or more per ton?

Or what about those white or gray particles which stuck in your gold pan, which you threw away cussing your "luck" when you found they were not silver worth 70c an ounce; but are you sure they were not platinum, palladium, iridium, or other minerals of the platinum group worth $24. to $175.00 or more per ounce?

Many a prospector has starved out on the Big Five trail looking for 70c an ounce silver, while throwing away $70 or more an ounce platinum minerals! The big question is - are you SURE you are not doing the same tiling?

Or what about those heavy steel-gray chunks which you found in your mine, prospect hole or in the hills and threw away when that old prospector told you they were "just white iron", but are you sure they were not niccolite containing 43.9% nickel, or cobaltite or smaltite containing 28% to 35% cobalt; or bismuthinite containing 61.2% bismuth - all worth $100 to $500 or more per ton?

Or that rock with the silver-white specks which you panned for gold without success and called "just more white iron" , but are you sure those silvery-white specks were not tellurium? If it was , it may be one of the richest of all gold or silver ores, and may contain $1,000 or $10, 000 or more per ton in gold or silver - and yet never see a color in a gold pan! And so you throw it away and then start digging another "worthless" hole! That is just what prospectors have been doing for the past 100 years, and so their gold and silver tellurides are still lying there upon their abandoned prospect holes and mine dumps, waiting for some "tester" to come along with the proper knowledge to find their hidden values and maybe discover another Cripple Creek. Maybe you!

We could go on and on - these are just a few of the 300 or more rocks or ores which may contain one or more of the 39 elements as covered in these instructions; just a few of the "overlooked fortunes" which you and others, are walking over every day, simply for the lack of a little knowledge to find their
hidden values - all of which can now be gained in as little as ten days time in study and practice with these instructions, as explained later. In the following pages we will show HOW and WHERE to find them then later on we will show you how ALL may be quickly and accurately identified - and thus start cashing in upon them!  credit to TinMan2

You need to be a member of Goldprospectorsspace to add comments!

Join Goldprospectorsspace

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Very interesting. Where can I find more info. I'm always collecting "odd" rocks and would love to know what they are. I have the book "Rock's and Minerals" by Chris Pellant but a lot of the stuff I find is not in the book. Thanks for the info
  • well ??? tell us all the neat testing tricks !

• Good info dirt hog. I've used a black light on some of my black sand, and it shows both shealite (glows blue) and wolfimite (glows gold color), so it is worth testing your left over black sands.  Ted

• great info dirt hogg

This reply was deleted.