LR2000

I was on the LR2000 site under mining claim, and my ? is when you click on a claim and it said its close is that mean that you maybe have a chanes to reclaim it. or how dos it work. There are some nice place  I think but I now a person needs to test pan first. eney help would be nice on this.

Thanks durant

You need to be a member of Goldprospectorsspace to add comments!

Join Goldprospectorsspace

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• You now reading all of this sounds like it is real hard to get a claim, or is it not that hard just mind blowing.
    • it just takes some time to do your homework, I found the blm in Sacramento Ca. to be very helpful, although others have not had such luck. the county recorders office was very helpful, YOu just have to put in the time and effort.
  • I didnt see all this discussion before I posted, however I did see something that was said that is incorrect, and that is that you cannot file in withdreawn areas, which is not true you just have to file under PL359 It is on the claim location notice, and then thay will decide yes or no according to if interferes with the reason for withdrawal.
    • You are right about PL359 power site withdrawals being open to location David.

PL359 does not apply to other types of withdrawal. I've never made a claim on a power site withdrawal but I do know the locator of a placer claim is not allowed to mine for 60 days after filing a location notice. It is then up to the Secretary to:

"§ 3736.1 Placer locator to conduct no mining operations for 60 days.
      (a) The Act in section 2(b) provides in part as follows:

The locator of a placer claim under this Act, however, shall conduct no mining operations for a period of sixty days after the filing of a notice of location pursuant to section 4 of this Act. If the Secretary of the Interior, within sixty days from the filing of the notice of location, notifies the locator by registered mail of the Secretary's intention to hold a public hearing to determine whether placer mining operations would substantially interfere with other uses of the land included within the placer claim, mining operations on that claim shall be further suspended until the Secretary has held the hearing and has issued an appropriate order. The order issued by the Secretary of the Interior shall provide for one of the following: (1) a complete prohibition of placer mining; (2) a permission to engage in placer mining upon the condition that the locator shall, following placer operations, restore the surface of the claim to the condition in which it was immediately prior to those operations; or (3) a general permission to engage in placer mining. No order by the Secretary with respect to such operations shall be valid unless a certified copy is filed in the same State or county office in which the locator's notice of location has been filed, in compliance with the United States mining laws.

(b) Upon receipt of a notice of location of a placer claim filed in accordance with §3734.1 for land subject to location under the act, a determination will be made by the authorized officer of the Bureau of Land Management as to whether placer mining operations on the land may substantially interfere with other uses thereof. If it is determined that placer operations may substantially interfere with other uses, a notice of intention to hold a hearing will be sent to each of the locators by registered or certified mail within 60 days from date of filing of the location notice."

Have you made a claim on a power site David? If so would you share your experience?

Clay

• yes I have filed one, I filed and they sent me notice I had to wait 60 days and they never notified me of any intentions. The area around me has many claims filed under 359.  I guess at some point in time if they decide to change the operations or build something new they could take back the claim
  • it means there is a possiblity you can claim it, you also need to check out the county recorder, to see it someone has already filed on it. and you will need to go do your own due dilligence to see if it is even worth the money and hassle of owning the  claim. there may be good reason for it not being filed upon. but check it out further it may be the one for you.
  • most gold country recorder offices are in the courthouse.in fact,cant think of one that is not.enough a that.clay,your statement that blm filing,after county recordations  are un-necessary is mis-information.something that newbys will gobble up,lets check our facts prior ta clicking the post button.highly recomend to all validity of mining claims book,ya can download it pdf, at the blm site.knowledge will set you free.peace
  • yup,county recorders office.you will find it in the county courthouse.across from the tax assesors office,where u obtain the parcel#/legal description.then the recorder,different animal,then just CALL,blm,in cali is the sac office,claims please(honeyed voice),hi,mdm,sec21,32n/9w,whats recrded on that property? oh,ok,tx.do the paper,grab some candy bars,those tax/recorder girls LOVE candy.(this realy works with title searches).file your location notice only after triple checking it,(get 5 copies 1st)send the orig.plus 2 copies to blm,and uh the$.then have a beer.
    • Hi Andrew Hall,

Now I understand your statement. YOUR County Recorder shares a building with the County Court.

Most don't.

Your statements about the tax assessors office implies you live in California where they are still confused about their ability to tax federal lands.

Other States do not attempt to tax federal mineral claimants. They keep no record of claims other than the public recording by the mineral locators.

You seem to have overlooked the discovery, staking, description and mapping of the valuable mineral land. I'm sure you meant to include those.

Thanks for clearing up your local situation with the site of your county recorder.

Enjoy your beer!

• Baby sitting today, 1 year old grandson mimics the older one she went from scratching the keyboard to seeing what the buttons do.  Had almost finished when the older one started climbing on the counter to get a band aid for her doll.  He must have had a lucky hit, had to trade my Ipod for the mouse. Now the house is quiet again.

So yes it is important to check all resources and get copies of the surrounding claims. It is always good to know your neighbors.

This reply was deleted.