I bought the header box and have been unable to use because  my pipe is on back order. The box has a 1 1/2" inlet with a cover over that. There is only 1/2" clearance at the bottom of the cover to bottom of box. Won't rocks build up hehind the  cover? Anyone have one who could  answer my question?                                                                                                                                                                               

You need to be a member of Goldprospectorsspace to add comments!

Join Goldprospectorsspace

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• James, the 6505 is a power sluice head. Its only made to have water flow through it.  6550 is a dredge head made to pump rocks and silt.  The 6505 only makes an artificial river condition in your sluice so you can sluice as normal without river flow.

• I bought it without ever seeing one, it  makes since now. It will make a nice acessory for my sluice in low water conditions.I could have used it  mon. if i had my pipe.   Thanks   mike for telling me what i bought.    kckscha,  I have a  1 1/2" dredge header box for the rocks. Maybe now i have most of the high  $$$$ items bought and can get started. My pipe should be delivered tomorrow.Thanks    jw

• Hi James, You going to kind of see two schools among the folks working the equipment. The first one says highbank and dredge for bulk volume, the second wants to do all the classification to avoid any loss from dissimilar materials and just run each grouping through the power sluice.  I do the exact same but our rivers are good for flow here so I just use a regular sluice.

I do want you to take note of the screws that hold the metal plate in.  you can easily remove that plate and have one bent or bend one yourself to change that box to a dredge crash box. You might have to add rubber edge trim to the crash box plate to get a water tight seal on the sides. Its very doable and you get the best of both worlds.

• James - I'm not understanding what you are saying by "cover?"  I looked up a photo of a 6505 and still couldn't figure out what you were referring to.  At any rate, if you are sucking up 1.25" rocks, they won't fit through a 1/2" opening!

This reply was deleted.