Loud Mine, August 2012

Does anyone know if the pit used for the common dig in June is available for general use?  Can we dig material from there?  If it's full of water, can an individual pump it out?  I'm planning to go the week of the 18th and would prefer not to have to process someone else's tailings.

You need to be a member of Goldprospectorsspace to add comments!

Join Goldprospectorsspace

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Tom,

Thanks for the reply.  I went last August an spoke to Jimmy and Barbara.  LDMA won't let anyone bring in heavy equipment.  I worked one of the existing piles with my high banker and found a few flakes, nothing worth bragging about.  I was mostly testing my Gold Hog matting at that point.   Also did a little slucing.  I'll be going back again Memorial Day week-end this year.  Hopefully with a few of my fellow Orlando GPAA/LDMA members.  We are planning an outing for the holiday week-end to one of the Week-end Goldminers claims and I plan to extend it to the following week.  Thanks again for the reply, good luck this year.

Dana

• No you may not pump it out but check with caretaker to see if there well be any way to bring equipment in to dig.  I don't beleive there is any at the camp.  There is also other places to dig with the ole number two shovel.

This reply was deleted.