2014 Best detecting finds

2014 was my first year detecting. I spent countless hours and dug 1000's of plugs in parks and ball fields learning my Ace350 through the summer. As fall came around I got into researching old home sites and detecting cellar holes. While I didn't make any spectacular finds, I still found a few cool things and figured I'd share with a "best of" post.

But first I want to say thanks to John Cline at USAdetectors.com. I bought all my equipment from him and with the best prices, fast shipping, great communication and a freebie here and there...my future purchases will be coming from him as well! Thanks John!

OK...where to start...

Tokens...

This is one that I got at a cellar hole and was told it is a mid to late 1800's trade token...

This is an early 1930's Maine American Legion Convention Medal...

Some various ground trinkets. The necklace is sterling with a 22k nugget on it. The starfish and pendant to the left are both .925 as well.

Here's a few foreign coins...

1874 German 2 pfennig

1937 3 pence

1980 10 new pence

I got 14 rings....7 silver and no gold :(

And here's the silver coins I found...

And here is the pile of clad coinage the parks and ball fields gave up...

The rest of the finds all came from older sites and cellar holes...

Buttons

Large dandy button...late 1700's

2 small flat buttons...mid 1800's

anchor button...WWI or II era

I found several horseshoes...here's a few different styles...

And my favorite coins I found...

182? matron head large cent

1848 large cent

1865 2 cent

2014 was a great year! What will 2015 bring....cant wait to find out!

You need to be a member of Goldprospectorsspace to add comments!

Join Goldprospectorsspace

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• you did great Bob, and I have no doubt this year will be even better. Do you have any special website research that helps you find those cellar holes that you can share,  : - )

• Nice job Bob good luck this year!

• Hey Buddy I think you had a great year and I cant wait to see how you do this year  good luck

• Nice collection you had some great finds there.

This reply was deleted.